TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated December 10, 2019
These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) govern your use of any website, mobile or tablet application, digital in-restaurant kiosk, or other online service or platform of Restaurant Brands International, Inc., or any of its companies, including without limitation the BURGER KING®, the TIM HORTONS® and the POPEYES® restaurant brands (collectively, “RBI”), that provides an authorized link to the Terms (collectively, the “Services”), regardless of who owns or operates the Services or the restaurant you ultimately visit, as well as our interactions with you on third party platforms.
1. Binding Agreement
The Terms are a binding legal contract between you and RBI. Please read the Terms carefully before using the Services. Your use of the Services means that you agree to be bound by the Terms and you agree to comply with them. Do not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms. You should print off or save a local copy of the Terms for your records.
We may modify the Terms at any time. Where we do so, we will update the “Last Updated” section below. Therefore, you must look at the Terms regularly to check for such changes. Your use of the Services after we post modifications to the Terms means that you accept the modified Terms. You must be 16 years or older to use the Services.
EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THESE TERMS CONTAIN DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES (SECTION 12), DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY AND AN EXCLUSIVE REMEDY (SECTION 13). PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY.
3. Registration and Security
You may register for certain activities provided through the Services. When you register or provide any other information in connection with the Services, you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information and to promptly update this information to maintain its accuracy. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password and username that you are given or select, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. RBI has the right to suspend or terminate any account or other registration if it suspects that such information is inaccurate or incomplete. You agree to immediately notify RBI of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security.
4. Prohibited Content and Activities
You may not use the Services to take any action that could harm us or anyone else, interfere with the Services, or use the Services in a manner that violates any applicable law. For example, you may not:
• Impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your credentials or any information you provide;
• Engage in unauthorized spidering, scraping, or harvesting of content, or use any other unauthorized means to compile information;
• Harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personal information) about other users, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such users;
• Solicit, collect, transmit, store, or otherwise make available private information or personal information of any third party;
• Use the Services to send commercial electronic messages or install a computer program on another person’s computer system;
• Obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information, or any services available on or through the Services;
• Use any device, software, or program to interfere with the Services or attempt to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of, or breach the security of any system, device, or network;
• Circumvent, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, or otherwise interfere with any software that is a part of the Services, or use any tools for compromising security (e.g., password-guessing programs, cracking tools, or network probing tools);
• Use another’s information, account, or password, except as expressly permitted;
• Take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our network or infrastructure;
• Upload or otherwise transmit any communication, software, or material that contains a virus or is otherwise harmful to our or our users’ computers, devices, or systems;
• For the purpose of misleading others, create a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Services; or
• Engage in any other conduct that restricts any person from using the Services, or that, in our sole judgment, exposes us, users, or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
5. Intellectual Property
All content, code, software, and any other materials that are part of the Services other than any content you may submit (collectively, the “RBI Content”) is the property of RBI. You may use the Services and print copies of RBI Content only for noncommercial, informational, personal use, without modification, and only so long as you comply with these Terms.
• Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights. RBI Content is protected under applicable copyright laws. You acknowledge that all copyrights and other intellectual property rights related to the Services are owned by RBI or its third-party licensors to the full extent permitted under all applicable laws. Unless expressly permitted by an authorized person in writing or as permitted by applicable law, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit, or in any way use or exploit any part of the RBI Content.
• Trade Marks. You acknowledge and agree that all RBI logos and marks as well as other proprietary materials depicted in connection with the Services and the RBI Content are the property of RBI and may not be used commercially without the prior written consent of RBI.
• Marks used in connection with BURGER KING® restaurants, including without limitation, BURGER KING, BK, WHOPPER, HOME OF THE WHOPPER, HAVE IT YOUR WAY, Crescent Logo, Hamburger Logo, Heritage Grilling Man, Value Platform, BURGER KING & Crescent Logo YOUR WAY, KING JR, KING DEALS, BIG KING, BACON KING, CROISSAN’WICH, WHOPPER, and WHOPPER JR., are owned by Burger King Corporation and may not be used without its written consent.
• Marks used in connection with TIM HORTONS® restaurants, including without limitation, TIM HORTONS, TIMBITS, ROLL UP THE RIM TO WIN, and ICED CAPP, are owned by Tim Hortons Canadian IP Holdings Corporation and Tim Hortons USA Inc. and may not be used without their written consent.
• Marks used in connection with POPEYES® restaurants, including without limitation, POPEYES and POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN, are owned by Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen, Inc. and may not be used without its written consent.
• Notice of Infringement. If you believe in good faith that content you own has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our designated agent with the following information in writing:
• An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work or a representative list of the works claimed to have been infringed;
• Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
• Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you if necessary;
• A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A sworn written statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
RBI’s designated agent for notice of claims of copyright is:
Burger King Europe GmbH
attn.: General Counsel
• Embedding Content. The Services may allow you to embed RBI Content into other web pages. All use of embedded RBI Content must be for non-commercial purposes only, and may be disabled by RBI at any time and for any reason.
6. Social Media Integration
7. User Submissions
Certain areas of the Services may enable you to publicly post comments, send emails, or otherwise submit information to us. You remain fully responsible for the content that you provide in connection with the Services, including information, audio recordings, videos, photographs, documents, or any other materials (“User Content”). In addition to complying with Section 4, you agree not to provide User Content that:
• Infringes or violates the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right of any person or entity;
• Is false, misleading, defamatory, obscene, abusive, hateful, threatening, harassing, or sexually explicit;
• Violates any person or entity’s right to privacy or publicity;
• Contains advertising or a solicitation of any kind;
• Personally attacks or impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
• Degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, orientation or identity, disability, or other classification;
• Transmits, stores, or otherwise makes available a virus, Trojan horse, worm, spyware, bot, or other harmful programming routine;
• Makes available material of a commercial nature or sends, causes or permits to be sent commercial electronic messages, including but not limited to advertising, promotions, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, or solicitations of any kind;
• Violates any applicable law, or advocates illegal activity.
Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content you provide us or others in connection with the Services constitutes a violation of the third party’s intellectual property rights, of the third party’s right to privacy, or of any other applicable local, provincial, state, national, or international law.
If the Services permit you to submit User Content, you may only provide User Content that is original and that you have the right to provide. By providing us User Content, you grant us a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully sub-licensable, transferable, license to publish, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, edit, adapt, modify, translate, create derivative works of, sell, offer for sale, export, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content in any way that we want and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You hereby waive any moral rights you may have in your User Content. You represent that you have obtained all necessary permissions from any person or entity identified in or implicated by your submission (including those shown in photographic or video content), and, in the case of minors, also from their parents or legal guardians, as appropriate.
If you are under the age of 16, you may not provide any User Content to us. If you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence but at least 16 years of age, subject to any applicable sweepstakes, contest, or other supplemental terms, you may provide User Content but only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these Terms for the benefit of an individual between the ages of 16 and the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, please be advised that you are fully responsible for his or her User Content and any legal liability that he or she may incur.
8. Links and Third Party Content
You may link to our Services provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
9. Digital BK® Crown Card/ Digital TimCard®
RBI may allow you to purchase a stored value card, including without limitation, a digital TimCard® or a digital BK® Crown Card (each, a “Digital Giftcard”) through the Services. Please refer to the BK® Crown Card Terms & Conditions (https://www.bk.com/crowncard/terms) and the TimCard® Terms & Conditions (https://www.timhortons.com/us/en/timcard/timcard-terms-conditions.php), as applicable, for more information about the terms, conditions and policies that apply to your registration, purchase and use of a Digital Giftcard.
10. Mobile Payment and Mobile Ordering
You may be permitted to participate in certain functionalities of the Services which allow you to use a device to order and pay for certain products from any RBI brand restaurant at or prior to arrival at the participating restaurant location (“Mobile Ordering”) in the same manner as is possible with a Digital Giftcard (“Mobile Payment”). Mobile Payment is subject to the applicable Digital Giftcard Terms & Conditions, as listed above, and is accepted at select participating restaurants. RBI reserves the right at any time to discontinue Mobile Ordering or Mobile Payment, or to change the location of restaurants or markets offering or participating in Mobile Ordering or accepting Mobile Payment at any time.
In our sole discretion, we may restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to and use of the Services, with or without prior notice. RBI is not responsible for any error in copy or images relating to the Services or any other products offered via the Services. Errors will be corrected when discovered and RBI reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any error, inaccuracy, or omission (including after an order has been submitted).
Otherwise applicable sections of these Terms shall survive termination. RBI also reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms. Upon termination, you must cease all use of the Services, including any of the RBI Content.
12. Governing Law, Arbitration, and Class Action Waiver
Except where prohibited by applicable law, the following terms apply to all legal disputes between you and RBI. These Terms are governed by the laws of Ireland. Except where prohibited by applicable law (including your statutory rights as consumer), by using the Services, you waive any claims that may arise under the laws of other jurisdictions. Nothing in this section 12 will affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Except where prohibited by applicable law (including your statutory rights as consumer), all disputes arising under these Terms that cannot be settled through informal negotiation will be settled exclusively through confidential binding arbitration in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in a court of competent jurisdiction. You agree that RBI may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Ireland, necessary to protect its rights or property pending the completion of arbitration. In the event a dispute cannot, by applicable law, be subject to binding arbitration, the parties hereto irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
The European Commission provides an online dispute resolution platform, which can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and where you are not a consumer, you permanently and irrevocably waive the right to bring any Claim in any forum unless you provide RBI with written notice of the event or facts giving rise to the Claim within one (1) year of their occurrence.
13. Disclaimer of Warranties
NOTHING IN THE TERMS SHALL AFFECT ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS ENTITLED TO AS A CONSUMER AND THAT YOU CANNOT CONTRACTUALLY AGREE TO ALTER OR WAIVE. THE LAWS OF SOME JURISDICTIONS, MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, SO SOME OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN PARTICULAR WHERE YOU ARE A CONSUMER. IN SUCH CASE, EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES OR THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, GOODS, OR SERVICES APPEARING OR OFFERED ON THE SERVICES OR WITH RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITES OR SERVICES LINKED FROM THE SERVICES. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO (I) THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT; (II) THE WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, MISAPPROPRIATION, OR VIOLATION OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY; (III) WARRANTIES ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE IN TRADE; AND (IV) THE WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CORRECTNESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF DATA OR CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE BY RBI. FURTHER, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN ANY DOCUMENTATION. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, THAT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, OR MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THE SERVICES, WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, ACCURATE, ERROR-FREE, COMPLETE, UP-TO-DATE, FREE OF VIRUSES, OR UNINTERRUPTED. RBI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, AND LIABILITIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USER CONTENT OR RBI CONTENT. NO INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE BY OR ON BEHALF OF RBI SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO YOU, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
14. Exclusive Remedy and Limitation of Liability
NOTHING IN THE TERMS SHALL AFFECT ANY STATUTORY RIGHTS THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS ENTITLED TO AS A CONSUMER AND THAT YOU CANNOT CONTRACTUALLY AGREE TO ALTER OR WAIVE. THAT THE LAWS OF SOME JURISDICTIONS, MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, LOSSES OR LIABILITY, SO SOME OF THE BELOW EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASE, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE LAW.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE, WILL RBI, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN OPERATING, CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF THE TERMS OR YOUR ACCESS, USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY RBI CONTENT OR USER CONTENT, OR ANY SITES LINKED FROM THE SERVICES, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF RBI HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR DEVICE, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY CONTENT ON IT OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS SHALL NOT APPLY TO CLAIMS RESULTING FROM DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY RBI’S NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS OR BY RBI’S FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RBI’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS FOR SUCH DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY CLAIM AGAINST US SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID, IF ANY, FOR USE OF THE SERVICES.
To the fullest extent as permitted by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend RBI, its affiliates and licensors, any party involved in operating, creating, producing, or delivering the Services, and each of their respective officers, owners, directors, shareholders, contractors, agents, employees, general and limited partners, successors, and assigns from and against any and all demands, claims, damages, liabilities, judgments, fines, interest, penalties, losses, costs, expenses, and harms, including without limitation reasonable legal fees and fees of other professional advisers, arising out of or in connection with (i) your use of the Services, (ii) your online conduct in connection with the Services, (iii) your (or anyone acting under your password or username) violation or breach of these Terms, (iv) your failure to comply with any applicable laws or regulations in connection with the Services, (v) your negligence, willful misconduct, or violations of the intellectual property or other rights of any person in connection with the Services, or (vi) any of your dealings or transactions with other persons, persons or third party platforms resulting from use of the Services. You shall not settle any such claim without the prior written consent of RBI. These obligations will survive any termination of these Terms.
16. Integration, Severability and Waiver
These Terms and all other legal notices, statements or terms and conditions posted or made available to you on the Services constitute the entire agreement between RBI and you. In the event any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision. Our failure to enforce any provisions of the Terms or respond to a breach by you or other parties shall not in any way waive our right to enforce subsequently any terms or conditions of the Terms or to act with respect to similar breaches
18. Contact Information
Please direct any questions, complaints, or comments related to the Services to BKIrelandDPO@rbi.com.