DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
WHAT WE COLLECT
To fulfill your delivery orders, we shall collect the following personal information:
- Full Name;
- Delivery address;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone Number/Mobile Number;
- Details associated with your identification (ID), such as senior citizen ID or persons with disability ID details;
- User name and password for the web application;
- Facebook user name and e-mail address (if you have elected to register using Facebook Sign In);
- Credit card information (if you have elected to save your credit card details); and
- Order details.
If you provide these information, you understand and agree that we will use such information for purposes described below in the “What We Do With the Information We Gather” section (i.e. for direct marketing purposes).
The website stores browser level cookies for analytics and advertisement purposes. For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect, see the “Cookie Description” section below.
To be able to fulfill your orders as a guest, your name and contact information such as delivery address, email address, and telephone/mobile number must be provided.
HOW WE COLLECT
Create an Account/Register:
We collect personal information once you register and create an account with us through this web application
You will also be registering an account by giving a password in the relevant space under the “Guest Information” page. If you want to proceed as a guest, do not insert a password on the spaces provided.
For registered users, we may also request for other personal information such as birthday, gender and other demographic information like preferences and interests and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. If you provide these information, you understand and agree that we will use such information for purposes described below in the What We Do With the Information We Gather section (i.e. for direct marketing purposes).
When you choose to create an account by linking it with your Facebook account, this feature will not modify nor allow access to the content of your Facebook account. However, the following shall apply:
– Your Facebook name shall be your account name in the web application; and
– The e-mail address of your Facebook account shall be used as your e-mail address in the web application.
Saving Credit Card Details:
You have the option to save your credit card details for seamless payment transactions. Credit card details are stored and processed by our accredited service provider. You may manage saved credit card by: (1) adding credit card, (2) deleting saved credit card, or (3) setting a default credit card. Once you have saved your credit card details, you may pay using the same during check out without entering details such as the credit card number, expiration date and CVV. As part of the validation process, we will apply a test charge of Php10.00 when you save your credit card details. The test charge will be automatically triggered for voiding after validation of your credit card details. The option to save credit card details is applicable to registered users only.
Signing up for Promotions and Online Offers:
During the registration process, you have the option to subscribe to marketing information from BURGER KING. By ticking the “I consent to receive promotional offers and marketing information from BURGER KING”, we will keep the e-mail address provided for purposes of sending you updates on exclusive offers.
Order as Guest:
If you do not register/create an account nor give your email, but place an order with us through this website as a guest, we will ask for your full name, delivery address, e-mail address, and mobile number but will not keep the personal information provided. However, we will keep your order history (identified by the order ID number sent to your email address, without your corresponding personal information) for thirteen (13) months from the time such order was placed, for record purposes.
If you simply browse through our website but without registering an account, we do not collect any of your personal information.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We will process the information we have collected with your consent for the following purposes:
- to fulfill your delivery order;
- to understand your needs;
- to provide you with a better service, and
- internal record keeping, for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes; and
- We may contact you by phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the web application according to your interests.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We do not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties other than those stated above, unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
SECURITY STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information we collect and store is secure. To prevent unauthorized access, processing, or disclosure of your personal information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect online such as but not limited to data encryption and access restrictions on our databases.
We store your personal information through our authorized third-party’s secured database, which may be accessed by our service providers, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees for delivery services. We retain your personal information as long as your account is active or as long as necessary to fulfill your delivery orders. If there is no activity within thirteen (13) months, we shall dispose of your personal information in accordance with the relevant privacy rules and our internal guidelines.
USER DATA DELETION UPON REQUEST
You may request for the deletion of your personal information in our secured internal database. The process is as follows:
1. You may contact our Burger King Customer Care to request deletion of personal information:
Customer Care – Burger King
Contact Number: +63 2 8634 1111
2. We will contact our service provider to delete your personal information.
3. Our service provider will delete your records in the internal database, as well as your messages to Burger King Customer Care.
4. Burger King Customer Care will then revert to you to confirm deletion of your personal information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The web application may contain links to other websites of interest as indicated below. The only links the customer can be directed to outside the web application are BURGER KING’s pages on social media pages.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill up a form on the web application, any information you provide will be bound by the “What We Do With the Information We Gather” section. If you do not wish to receive any direct information or promotion, you may amend or request to opt out through our customer care email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you believe that any of your personal information we have is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible on the e-mail address stipulated above. We will promptly correct any reported incorrect or incomplete information.
The Data Protection Officer – Jollibee Foods Corporation,
In order to for us to attend to your queries expeditiously, we prefer that inquiries be made via e-mail.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. If you, however, want to delete cookies from your browser or device, we suggest that you use the option to delete cookies and other site and plug-in data, including data stored on your device from your browser settings normally found in browsing history.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may however prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Facebook cookie: This will be used for third party authentication via Facebook where we get the first name, last name, e-mail and phone from Facebook. We do not receive passwords from Facebook.